Friday, May 25, 2012

Planted Fordhook Zucchini Seed

The two zucchini plants I purchased at Home Depot died within 2 days of being transplanted.  I think they were damaged from overwatering at Home Depot.  They had one replacement plant that looked ok but that was it.  So, I decided to plant seed.  The only heirloom seed I could find was Fordhook Zucchini from Burpee. 

Did research and most seem very pleased with this variety.  It is marketed as a space saving bush type plant with tender flesh and smooth skin.  Can't wait to try em.  Love Zucchini when it is small and tender...Picture is from internet.  My package was just $1.00.

Planted them where the tomatoes were.  I amended the soil and turned it all over.  Hopefully that will be enough for a heavy feeding plant such as this.  I will be fertilizing these and other plants with an organic fertilizer so it should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment